The Diabetes Research Group has a number of ongoing research projects. These represent the following broad areas of diabetes research.
- The mechanisms of type 1 diabetes and possible treatments including cell and gene therapy.
- The genetics and pathogenesis of type 2 diabetes, obesity and therapeutic interventions.
- Islet transplantation and beta-cell survival in vitro and in vivo.
- Molecular mechanisms of insulin signaling.
- The role of gut hormones in glucose homeostasis, diabetes and their medical use.
- Fundamental cell biology and biochemistry of diabetes and related disorders.
- Mechanism of ER-stress and protein synthesis.
- Roles and functions of the adipocyte in metabolic disease diabetes susceptibility.
Visit the pages of the Diabetes Research Group Primary Members to learn more.